22.09.2007

EREN




FOR EREN

Standing with you at Troy remembering Homer’s tales
And hearing some phantom clash of sword on shield.
Or standing in those heartless trenches of Gallipoli,
Our mutual tears remembering those young men of long ago.
Shared emotions in altered states of consciousness
Brought on by wine and some shared state of insight.
I can’t believe we’ll talk no more dear friend but I’ll remember,
Ah yes, I’ll remember.
Sunlight on the Bosporus, sparkling like that twinkle in your eye
That roguish smile beneath your gypsy locks.
Softness in the evening, an Istanbul of misty remembrance,
Some sultan’s palace on a hill.
Reminiscences of words, poetic in prose and passion
Phrases that lit the fires of imagery in our hearts,
Bringing place and time to the heart of consciousness.
I’m touched by a sense of wonder at the things that come to mind
And touched by just how deep our friendship was.
I’ll miss you always but in the tears are gladness that I knew you
And that special place I’ll always keep, the heart that is a friend
The heart that always lives no matter what the end.

Anthony Quigley
April 2003

Eren'in anısına yazılmıştı....

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder